Freelance Web Designer
About the position
This is a good opportunity for the right person because although we’re initially looking for someone we can call upon on a freelance basis per project, this could lead to more regular work with the potential for a full-time position in the future.
We are looking for someone based in Kent that would be able to visit our office from time to time, remote working for the majority of the time is fine although we do just about have space here.
The successful candidate will work on a variety of projects, either collaboratively or individually. A typical project will require logo design, wordpress theme development, server set-up, branding, phone calls with the client, ecommerce configuration (WooCommerce or Magento), some image editing.
- Experience of working within the WordPress CMS is a must.
- Obviously HTML & CSS knowledge is also a major requirement, but then you wouldn’t be reading this unless that was the case!
- Keen eye for design and good use of design software, whatever your comfortable with but we use PhotoShop & Illustrator here
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of UX fundamentals, or at least be able to describe how to create an engaging page-flow and how human behaviour affects the design choices we make whilst building websites
- PHP knowledge/experience would be particularly useful to us but not a necessity for this position, so too would be jQuery
Send an email including a link to your portfolio to email@example.comDownload this job